Parker GregoryAll plans by this Coach
This is an 8week program to get you from walking to jogging/running your first 5k.
Each week will progress in the overall amount you are walking vs jogging/running. I want you progress each week without pushing your body to point where you are not able to be consistent. You will notice that in each week you will have walk only workouts that say optional. You read that correct. They are optional. They are there for those who want add additional days of exercise and to add volume to the training program. The scheduled, none-optional, sessions are the where your focus needs to be.
Stay focused. Remember your overall goal and desire to Jog/Run that 5K or set a new 5k PR. Follow the program with accuracy and consistency and you will obtain those goals!
If you are someone who has been a walker/jogging you can use this program to go from jogging a 5k to setting a new PR. Where the intervals state, ‘Jog’ you will be running, and where the intervals state, ‘Walk’ is where you will be jogging. On the optional walk days, you can do very easy jog/walks.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?