Cairns 50 - Couch to 5k
Joshua DuffAll plans by this Coach
This Couch to 5K plan is a 10 week program that is designed for those who have been generally sedentary and are looking to get moving again.
The program includes walking, easy aerobic running and strength and conditioning to build the aerobic conditioning and strength needed to complete the 5k distance. It is designed with those who have not moved for significant amounts of time in mind as it builds slowly over the 10 weeks with short run intervals and significant amounts of walking.
Most weeks include 4 sessions with a structured program of foundation, build and recovery weeks before a short taper in to race day.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?