Cairns 50 - Fastest 5k
Joshua DuffAll plans by this Coach
This FASTEST 5K plan is a 10 week program that is designed for those looking to bust through specific 5km time barriers, particularly the 20 minutes, 25 minute and 30 minute barriers.
It is expected someone taking on this program has some running experience over at least the 5km distance and has been consistently running for at least 3-6 months.
The program includes aerobic running and aerobic endurance sessions to build the appropriate aerobic conditioning for success over the 5k distance. It also includes threshold and speed sessions to gain the anaerobic capacity, neuromuscular connections and speed needed to run fast over 5k. This is supplemented with S&C to build a strong, robust and resilient running body.
Most weeks include 5 sessions with a structured program of foundation, build and recovery weeks before a short taper in to race day.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?