Pinnacle MultisportAll plans by this Coach
STRYD Power meter or similar, using Coros, Garmin Polar etc
A 8 week plan to improve your speed work and run a sub 20 minute 5km race
The plan is for runners with a good running experience and is to be used in the run up to your target race and looking to incorporate speed and efficiency to increase power and muscle strength into their workouts and who aim for a sub 20 minute. The plan starts on a Monday, running 6 days a week, rest on Friday with weekly volume range from 2.5 to 4 hours with the long run on a Sunday.
As a guide your current STRYD CP should be near to 4.0 W/kg.
The plan is time based with indicative pacing in the initial note and easy to understand language.
After the plan you will have a good overall increased fitness and speed to race your next 5km and hopefully break the 20 minutes.
Join and like my Facebook page @pinnaclemultisportcoaching where you can post your queries on your plan and will provide feedback
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Completed workouts sync with popular apps like Garmin and Wahoo. Learn More
- If plan includes Structured Workouts, then planned workouts sync to compatible devices and guide you through workouts in real time. Learn More
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Bundle your plan with TrainingPeaks Premium, and you'll unlock our progress-tracking tools, plus the freedom to move workouts to fit your schedule.