True Potential RunningAll plans by this Coach
This plan is perfect for a beginner looking to tackle their first 5k or to train for a 5k safely while building strength and endurance. This plan will take you through eight weeks, starting with short runs with walk breaks and incorporates runner specific strength training.
Race Goal: Complete a 5k
Longest Training Run: 3 miles
Experience Level: Beginner
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
Day Off x4
|Workouts Per Week
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Completed workouts sync with popular apps like Garmin and Wahoo. Learn More
- If plan includes Structured Workouts, then planned workouts sync to compatible devices and guide you through workouts in real time. Learn More
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Bundle your plan with TrainingPeaks Premium, and you'll unlock our progress-tracking tools, plus the freedom to move workouts to fit your schedule.