Jason ThomsenAll plans by this Coach
12 weeks of fun!!
This is a training plan designed for high school athletes entering into their freshman or sophomore years of school. This plan is ideally for runner's who have about 1 full year or less of high school running under their belt.
The goal of this summer miles plan is to establish a solid base and increase the aerobic capacity needed to compete in the fall during XC season. You'll notice there aren't a ton of speed workouts (typically 1 per week) and 3 days of drills and striders per week.
The plan starts around 13 miles per week and peaks close to 37. Basically, there is a nice gradual increase in mileage to get you ready and fit for more specific speed work during the season.
There is a 5k time trial at the end of the plan.
The most important thing to remember with this plan is consistency. You don't have to hit all 6 days of running every week, but the more consistent and continuous you run, the better off you'll be in the fall.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?