Sub 25 min 5k (12 weeks)
Jason ThomsenAll plans by this Coach
BEFORE BEGINNING THIS PLAN, you should be comfortable running 3-4 miles in at least 9-10 minutes/mile. You should also be able to run a 4-5 days per week.
My mission in developing this plan is to create something REALISTIC and REASONABLE for runners who may be intimidated by racing or may suffer from “imposter syndrome.” You are worth it and you are a runner and you can do amazing things!
My personal belief is training plans typically fall into 1 of 2 categories: it’s either so generic that it doesn’t create maximum gains, or 2) it’s too complex and overwhelming and runners mentally drop out before they ever get to the race.
This plan is created with a blend of simple, yet efficient workouts and mileage progressions that ANY runner can follow and understand. I can’t guarantee PR’s but I WILL guarantee that if you put in the time and give it 100% effort for the whole thing, you WILL be faster than you were when you started. Deal?
This plan consists of a weekend long run, 1-2 workouts during the week, and other simple yet important things to do each week to help get you that sub 25.
This is a 12-week plan, starting at 16 miles per week and building up to 26 miles per week.
This plan isn’t the “secret formula” to get there because there are plenty of ways to get that sub 25. This plan is simply a “cut to the chase” plan that will increase your strength as a runner, build consistency, and help develop 5k speed.
This plan is largely based with workouts in “miles”, but I have also done my best to include workouts with KM and KM splits.
This plan is great for:
- Young runners who are fairly new to running but have a few months of consistent training under their belt.
- Runners who may not have a lot of high school or other school racing experience (such as Cross Country or Track & Field)
- High school girls XC programs (and some “JV" Boys teams)
- Runners who are discovering running later in life and are looking for a training plan to earn some age group awards.
This plan allows you additional time and days to incorporate other forms of exercise into your week, including cross training and strength training.
If you would like to take this training plan and enhance it even more so it’s 100% tailored to your time, schedule, ability, confidence, and fitness, let’s work together! As a certified running coach, (+chiropractor, nutritionist, and personal trainer), I love helping runners of all background and abilities earn PR’s using 100% customized training programs by using real evidence and real data, instead of just another cookie cutter plan. I offer a 100% 30-day money back guarantee so if at any point in your first month you aren’t satisfied, you can have your money back, no questions asked.
If you are interested, email me at JasonTThomsen@gmail.com or message me on Facebook or Instagram (https://www.m.me/jtizzytizzle & www.instagram.com/jason_the_chiro_runner
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?