High School SUMMER MILES (SOPHOMORE-JUNIOR)
Jason ThomsenAll plans by this Coach
12 weeks of fun!!
This is a training plan for high school athletes who are in their sophomore or junior years of high school. This plan is for runner's who have at least a season or two of high school running under their belt.
The goal of summer miles is to establish a solid base and increase the aerobic capacity needed to compete in the fall during XC season. You'll notice there aren't a ton of speed workouts (typically 1 per week) and 3 days of drills and striders per week.
The plan starts around 27 miles per week and peaks close to 50. Basically, there is a nice gradual increase in mileage to get you ready and fit for more specific speed work during the season.
There is a 5k time trial at the end of the plan.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?