Paul A WarloskiAll plans by this Coach
This eight-week plan isn't exactly a couch to 5k kind of plan but pretty close. If you do some walking or some elliptical work at the gym, you'll be fine to jump right in.
That said, we build slowly with some run/walk sessions in the first few weeks.
Each week, you'll do strength training either in the gym or following a bodyweight workout video at home. Plus you'll do at least one yoga recovery session and one yoga strength session per week.
The strength training and yoga add to your workouts in ways just running could never do. You need to build the joint strength, stability, and mobility in order to run faster, build endurance, and avoid injury.
As with all training plans, carefully monitor your progress, fitness, and recovery. Your morning heart rate is one of the best ways to monitor training stress. If you start to see your morning HR increase, then it's time for a day off.
If you're not used to training every day, there is an element of training stress that you'll have to monitor.
Let me know if you have questions, comments, or concerns at paulw@SimpleEnduranceCoaching.com
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Completed workouts sync with popular apps like Garmin and Wahoo. Learn More
- If plan includes Structured Workouts, then planned workouts sync to compatible devices and guide you through workouts in real time. Learn More
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Bundle your plan with TrainingPeaks Premium, and you'll unlock our progress-tracking tools, plus the freedom to move workouts to fit your schedule.