5Km Running Plan (Novice)
Theo BiermanAll plans by this Coach
This plan is for a first time 5km runner. It is set out over a period of 6 weeks with sufficient build and recovery time. The emphasis with this plan will help you get accustomed to holding a faster pace for a longer distance, and will be sustainable on race day or general park run.
This plan is designed to cater for any novice at any level and is seen as a good base foundation to set further goals up i.e 10Km and above. The Long Run Sunday schedule is based over a 6 week period and is structured on a 3-Phased approach that builds upon previous weeks, specifically built for the novice athlete.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x2
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?