Beginner 5k Plan (Pace) - 16 Weeks
Weston CaceresAll plans by this Coach
This plan assumes regular running in the range of at least 2:00 per week is already in place.
The Beginner 5k Plan aims to step into our training methodology and accomplish the following:
- begin development of top-end speed and running economy
- introduction and maintenance of Lactate Threshold training
- introduction and maintenance of VO2 Max training
At the end of the plan, you will have developed a set of skills that will allow you to race the 5k distance effectively. This specific plan utilizes training pace for runs. Similar plans are offered that utilize Max Heart Rate, Heart Rate Reserve, or Power.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x2
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?