Dr Will's Five Week 3000m-5000m PB Training Plan
Dr Will O'ConnorAll plans by this Coach
Smash your PB with this awesome training plan designed by me, Dr Will O'Connor - Sports Scientist
I used this plan to run a 3000m PB of 9:18min, and I did a similar approach when I first ran under 16min for 5k.
The plan is designed around "key" lactate tolerance workouts, which are designed to have you withstand the high acidic demands associated with running short durations fast.
I've set up the training plan to have five structured days that make up the backbone of the plan. Additional runs can be completed at your description.
All workouts are structured with exportable .fit files and autosync supported by Garmin, Stryd, Zwift, Coros and more.
You can read more about this plan on my blog www.drwilloconnor.com/blog
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|1:25 hrs||1:30 hrs|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||1:25 hrs||1:30 hrs|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?