Brady IrwinAll plans by this Coach
Feeling confident in your 5k and ready to take it to the next level? Many athletes are capable of completing a 5k, but this plan will help you complete that same 5k with a faster time! This structured training plan will focus on your ability to maintain a higher sustained pace through Steady-State and Threshold level workouts. These portioned workouts will push your limits of what you may normally sustain and build your threshold pace to allow you to sustain faster speeds for longer periods. In just 8 weeks, you'll be on your way to a faster 5k.
This 8-week plan is best suited for beginner runners up to intermediate runners.
Before beginning this plan, athletes should be able to complete a 5k jogging for the entirety of the event.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x3
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?