One Speed Mile Training Plan
Run4PRs CoachingAll plans by this Coach
10 WEEKS SPEED TRAINING.
Intervals increase enzyme activity increase in your heart’s stroke volume (the amount of blood your heart pumps per beat) and cardiac output (the amount of blood your heart pumps per minute), which greatly increases the delivery of blood and oxygen to your muscles. Together, all of these training adaptations increase the often- mentioned VO2 max While increasing your weekly mileage will initially increase your VO2 max, the most potent stimulus for its improvement is long intervals of 2 to 5 minutes at the speed that elicits VO2 max, with recovery periods that are equal to or slightly less than the time spent running (1:1 work-to-rest ratio). Jogging between intervals will keep oxygen consumption (VO2) elevated throughout the workout
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|1:17 hrs||0:45 hrs|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||1:17 hrs||0:45 hrs|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?