5 km Training plan
This 10 week 5 Km training plan includes endurance work up to 70 minutes and speed work. It is geared towards seasoned runners who are looking to improve their peak performance and finish times.It also includes an element of strength training and rest days.
The gradual progression of the endurance runs will allow you to run further for less effort, the plan is best suited to those who are already running a minimum of 4 times a week and can comfortably run 40-45 minuets.
It also includes strength and cross training sessions, with a detailed list of suggested exercises attached to week 1 which can be reviewed as you go through the plan.
There is also attached a warm up plan and run drills you can include in the warm up too.
All the attached guides can also be printed off and kept for reference
You should be familiar using "Rate of Perceived Exertion" RPE
Any questions please feel free to get in touch: firstname.lastname@example.org
I've also included a link to getting started with training peaks should you need it: https://help.trainingpeaks.com/hc/en-us/articles/231472468-TrainingPeaks-Athlete-User-Guide
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.