5 Km BEGINNER Running Plan
Pinnacle MultisportAll plans by this Coach
This plan is aimed at the BEGINNER who would like to start running but does not know where to start.
The plan will take you from couch to running 5 kms. The plan is written in easy to understand language and time based. To ensure a good all round level of fitness there are days when you can cross train or ride a bike. Cross training will help with core strength as well as cardio and help to break up the weeks from just running and variety. If not up to cross training then rest on these days
After completing the 12 week plan you will have a base fitness to run your first 5 km race. Hopefully enjoying it and with a view to progressing to 10 kms or more
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x3
|1:47 hrs||1:10 hrs|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||1:47 hrs||1:10 hrs|
Training Load By Week
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?