5k Masters Training Plan*
Michael CottleAll plans by this Coach
Get ready for race day with this 12-week easy-to-follow training plan. With this training plan, all workouts are structured. They automatically sync with compatible devices and guide you through activities in real-time. These simple steps will help you achieve your best time ever, whether you're new or a master (over 40) who hasn't run in a while. The finish line will come quickly—designed and built by Coach Cottle with more than three decades of experience!
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|2:15 hrs||0:50 hrs|
Day Off x2
|0:52 hrs||0:50 hrs|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||2:15 hrs||0:50 hrs|
||0:52 hrs||0:50 hrs|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?