Walk to Run (Level 1)
Adam HodgesAll plans by this Coach
This plan is for those who are active but new to running. No special equipment or training devices are needed; just running shoes and a watch. It gradually introduces you to running through a walk-run training approach and progresses you toward 30 minutes of sustained running by the end of the plan. The plan consists of three 4-week training blocks. Each block ends with a recovery week to allow you to absorb the training before progressing to the next level. This is the first of three "Walk to Run" training plans. Once you complete this plan, progress to the second plan in the series: "Walk to Run (Level 2)."
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|1:10 hrs||0:30 hrs|
|1:20 hrs||0:50 hrs|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||1:10 hrs||0:30 hrs|
||1:20 hrs||0:50 hrs|
Training Load By Week
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?