RUN With HEART RATE: First 5km to finish (BEGINNER, 6 weeks). Starts Any Week. SUN Race. REUSABLE
Darrin Jordaan, MSc Med., CSCS, Certified Ironman Coach., UCI Level 1 Cycling coach.All plans by this Coach
Who is this program for:
The program is appropriate for anyone that has been running recreationally with around 2 to 3 sessions per week. At most getting around 10km total distance a week
Goal of this program:
This will help you run a 5km to finish comfortably.
This program is 6 weeks long and starts at 9km in the first week and peaks at around 22km in the 5th week.
Whats included in the program:
This plan includes strength work. You will need to have access to a swiss ball, but this not strictly necessary. This plan uses heart rate as the basis of intensity. And works off 220-age for determining training zones.
Other uses for this plan:
This plan can also be used as a low volume maintenance or as a transition plan for higher volume runners to use during the off season.
MSc (MED), CSCS
Certified Irionman Coach
UCI Level 1 Coach
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x2
|0:40 hrs||0:40 hrs|
|0:30 hrs||0:30 hrs|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||0:40 hrs||0:40 hrs|
||0:30 hrs||0:30 hrs|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?