BCA | 5 Kilometer Plan Pace – NOVICE – 10wks. + 24/7 Email Support
Jonathan MelvilleAll plans by this Coach
Breakaway Coaching and Analytics
The following 10-week plan peaks you for a 5km race and is suitable for time limited novice runners. Training has been designed for novice runners with no back to back hard session to allow for adequate recovery, and two days of rest per week. The event is planned for a Sunday however, the 15+ page training guide informs you how to adjust the programme to peak for the Saturday.
- Evet experience: Very little to none.
- The programme starts at 2:08 hours and progresses to 02:43 hours (max week)
- Short workouts mid-week to accommodate work.
- 4 run workouts per week.
- 1 strength workout per week.
- The programme uses pace.
What does this programme include?
- Email support 24/7
- Data analysis: see training guide for detail.
- Comprehensive training guide.
- Coaching advice including recovery strategies.
- You can re-use the plan as much as you please.
- The programme is designed so you can adjust which day your main event is.
- Each workout is supplied with a PDF providing additional information.
- Workouts can be exported to your Garmin device.
Personalised Nutrition Plan:
- A detailed overview of your nutrition requirements per week.
- Every week you are supplied with a nutrition plan personalised to your training.
If you are still unsure, fill in the below questionnaire and BCA will get back with the right plan for you (should take 5 minutes)
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|1:43 hrs||0:45 hrs|
Day Off x2
|0:24 hrs||0:30 hrs|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||1:43 hrs||0:45 hrs|
||0:24 hrs||0:30 hrs|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Power Meter
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?