BCA | 5 Kilometer Plan Heart Rate – NOVICE – 12wks. + 24/7 Email Support
Jonathan MelvilleAll plans by this Coach
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Breakaway Coaching and Analytics
The following 12-week plan peaks you for a 5km race and is suitable for time limited novice runners. Training has been designed for novice runners with no back to back hard session to allow for adequate recovery, and two days of rest per week. The event is planned for a Sunday however, the 15+ page training guide informs you how to adjust the programme to peak for the Saturday.
- Evet experience: Very little to none.
- The programme starts at 2:08 hours and progresses to 02:43 hours (max week)
- Short workouts mid-week to accommodate work.
- 4 run workouts per week.
- 1 strength workout per week.
- The programme uses heart rate.
What does this programme include?
- Email support 24/7
- Data analysis (upon request) every 6 weeks
- Programme guide, Nutrition guide and Strength training/exercise guide (40 + pages total)
- You can re-use the plan as much as you please.
Contact BCA directly for help:
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|1:45 hrs||0:45 hrs|
|0:25 hrs||0:30 hrs|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||1:45 hrs||0:45 hrs|
||0:25 hrs||0:30 hrs|