BCA | 5 Kilometer Plan Pace – BEGINNER MASTERS – 12wks. + 24/7 Email Support
Jonathan MelvilleAll plans by this Coach
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Breakaway Coaching and Analytics
The following 12-week plan peaks you for a 5km race and is suitable for time limited beginner master runners. Training has been designed for beginner master runners (35 + years of age) with no back to back hard session to allow for adequate recovery, a 3 week recovery cycle (two weeks of build and one easy week), two days of rest per week and strength training twice a week The event is planned for a Sunday however, the 15+ page training guide informs you how to adjust the programme to peak for the Saturday.
Beginner Masters Runners:
- Very little evet experience.
- 35 + years of age.
- The programme starts at 2:40 hours and progresses to 03:48 hours (max week)
- Short workouts mid-week to accommodate work.
- 5 run workouts per week.
- 2 strength workout per week.
- The programme uses pace.
What does this programme include?
- Email support 24/7
- Data analysis (upon request) every 6 weeks
- Programme guide, Nutrition guide and Strength training/exercise guide (40 + pages total)
- You can re-use the plan as much as you please.
Contact BCA directly for help:
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|2:26 hrs||1:00 hrs|
Day Off x2
|0:23 hrs||0:30 hrs|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||2:26 hrs||1:00 hrs|
||0:23 hrs||0:30 hrs|