Jonathan MelvilleAll plans by this Coach
Breakaway Coaching and Analytics
The following 12-week plan peaks you for a 5km race and is suitable for time limited beginner runners. Training has been designed for beginner runners with no back to back hard session to allow for adequate recovery, a 3 week recovery cycle (two weeks of build and one easy week) and two days of rest per week. The event is planned for a Sunday however, the 15+ page training guide informs you how to adjust the programme to peak for the Saturday.
- Very little evet experience.
- The programme starts at 3:05 hours and progresses to 03:45 hours (max week)
- Short workouts mid-week to accommodate work.
- 5 run workouts per week.
- 1 strength workout per week.
- The programme uses pace.
What does this programme include?
- Email support 24/7
- Programme guide, Nutrition guide and Strength training/exercise guide (40 + pages total)
- You can re-use the plan as much as you please.
- Data analysis: see training guide for detail.
Contact BCA directly for help:
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x2
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Bundle your plan with TrainingPeaks Premium, and you'll unlock our progress-tracking tools, plus the freedom to move workouts to fit your schedule.