BCA | 5 Kilometer Pace – INTERMEDIATE – 6 wks. + 24/7 Email Support
Jonathan MelvilleAll plans by this Coach
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Breakaway Coaching and Analytics
The following 8-week plan peaks you for a 5km race and is suitable for time limited intermediate runners. The event is planned for a Sunday however, the 15+ page training guide informs you how to adjust the programme to peak for the Saturday.
- Moderate event experience.
- The programme starts at 4:35 hours and progresses to 05:01 hours (max week)
- Short workouts mid-week to accommodate work.
- 6 run workouts per week.
- 1-2 strength workout per week.
- The programme uses pace.
What does this programme include?
- Email support 24/7
- Data analysis (upon request) every 6 weeks
- Comprehensive training guide.
- Coaching advice including recovery strategies.
- You can re-use the plan as much as you please.
- The programme is designed so you can adjust which day your main event is.
- Each workout is supplied with a PDF providing additional information.
- Workouts can be exported to your Garmin device.
Personalised Nutrition Plan:
- A detailed overview of your nutrition requirements per week.
- Every week you are supplied with a nutrition plan personalised to your training.
If you are still unsure, fill in the below questionnaire and BCA will get back with the right plan for you (should take 5 minutes)
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|3:17 hrs||1:01 hrs|
Day Off x2
|0:30 hrs||0:30 hrs|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||3:17 hrs||1:01 hrs|
||0:30 hrs||0:30 hrs|