BCA | 5 Kilometer Heart Rate – INTERMEDIATE – 12 wks. + 24/7 Email Support
Jonathan MelvilleAll plans by this Coach
Breakaway Coaching and Analytics
The following 12-week plan peaks you for a 5km race and is suitable for time limited intermediate runners. Training has been designed for intermediate runners with 6 runs per week and a 3-week recovery cycle (two weeks of build and one easy week). The event is planned for a Sunday however, the 15+ page training guide informs you how to adjust the programme to peak for the Saturday.
- Moderate event experience.
- The programme starts at 4:35 hours and progresses to 05:26 hours (max week)
- Short workouts mid-week to accommodate work.
- 6 run workouts per week.
- 1-2 strength workout per week.
- The programme uses heart rate.
What does this programme include?
- Email support 24/7
- Data analysis (upon request) every 6 weeks
- Programme guide, Nutrition guide and Strength training/exercise guide (40 + pages total)
- You can re-use the plan as much as you please.
Contact BCA directly for help:
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|3:31 hrs||1:10 hrs|
Day Off x1
|0:35 hrs||0:30 hrs|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||3:31 hrs||1:10 hrs|
||0:35 hrs||0:30 hrs|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Heart Rate Monitor