Jonathan MelvilleAll plans by this Coach
Breakaway Coaching and Analytics
The following 16-week plan peaks you for a 5km race and is suitable for time limited beginner runners. Training has been designed for beginner runners’ optional workouts to prevent over training, no back to back hard session to allow for adequate recovery and a 3 week recovery cycle (two weeks of build and one easy week). The event is planned for a Sunday however, the 15+ page training guide informs you how to adjust the programme to peak for the Saturday.
- Very little evet experience.
- The programme starts at 2:55 hours and progresses to 03:35 hours (max week)
- Short workouts mid-week to accommodate work.
- 5 run workouts per week.
- 1 strength workout per week.
- The programme uses heart rate.
What does this programme include?
- Email support 24/7
- Programme guide, Nutrition guide and Strength training/exercise guide (40 + pages total)
- You can re-use the plan as much as you please.
- Data analysis: see training guide for detail.
Contact BCA directly for help:
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x2
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Bundle your plan with TrainingPeaks Premium, and you'll unlock our progress-tracking tools, plus the freedom to move workouts to fit your schedule.