BCA | 5 Kilometer Plan Pace – BEGINNER – 16 wks. + 24/7 Email Support
Jonathan MelvilleAll plans by this Coach
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Breakaway Coaching and Analytics
The following 16-week plan peaks you for a 5km race and is suitable for time limited beginner runners. Training has been designed for beginner runners’ optional workouts to prevent over training, no back to back hard session to allow for adequate recovery and a 3 week recovery cycle (two weeks of build and one easy week). The event is planned for a Sunday however, the 15+ page training guide informs you how to adjust the programme to peak for the Saturday.
- Very little evet experience.
- The programme starts at 2:55 hours and progresses to 03:35 hours (max week)
- Short workouts mid-week to accommodate work.
- 5 run workouts per week.
- 1 strength workout per week.
- The programme uses pace.
What does this programme include?
- Email support 24/7
- Data analysis (upon request) every 6 weeks
- Programme guide, Nutrition guide and Strength training/exercise guide (40 + pages total)
- You can re-use the plan as much as you please.
Contact BCA directly for help:
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|2:28 hrs||1:00 hrs|
|0:18 hrs||0:30 hrs|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||2:28 hrs||1:00 hrs|
||0:18 hrs||0:30 hrs|