Intermediate 5k (includes functional strength) - 12 weeks
Lyndsi BiegingAll plans by this Coach
If you have run a few 5ks, but are wanting to get faster and include some functional strength this training plan is great for you! In order to make the most of this program you should be able to comfortably run 3 miles by week 4.
We will start out slow and short in the training and runs, and ease into longer more consistent runs as this plan progresses and include strength so we can build up muscle and stamina as well as help reduce the risk for injury or burnout.
I have included rest and recovery days throughout the program as well as some mental preparation tips and days to focus on specific parts of your training and commitment to round out the training program.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|1:17 hrs||1:00 hrs|
Day Off x2
|0:27 hrs||1:00 hrs|
|0:28 hrs||0:45 hrs|
|0:30 hrs||1:00 hrs|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||1:17 hrs||1:00 hrs|
||0:27 hrs||1:00 hrs|
||0:28 hrs||0:45 hrs|
||0:30 hrs||1:00 hrs|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?