First Timer 5k (includes functional strength workouts) - 12 weeks
Lyndsi BiegingAll plans by this Coach
If you are wanting to sign up for one of your first 5k races, but aren't sure where to start, this training plan is perfect for you! There is no need to have a running or athletic background in order to start this program - as long as you are able to walk or jog for 10-15 minutes 1-2 times a week you are set.
We will start out slow and short in the training and runs, and ease into longer more consistent runs as this plan progresses.
I have included rest and recovery days throughout the program as well as functional strength sessions to help reduce the risk of burnout or injury for athletes newer to training stress. I have also included some mental preparation tips and days to focus on specific parts of your training and commitment to round out the training program.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|1:01 hrs||1:00 hrs|
Day Off x2
|0:27 hrs||1:00 hrs|
|0:30 hrs||1:00 hrs|
|0:38 hrs||0:45 hrs|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||1:01 hrs||1:00 hrs|
||0:27 hrs||1:00 hrs|
||0:30 hrs||1:00 hrs|
||0:38 hrs||0:45 hrs|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?