Hal Higdon: 5K Novice
Hal HigdonAll plans by this Coach
Hal Higdon: 5K Novice:This Novice 5K Training Plan is designed for beginning runners or for runners who want to take a low-mileage approach to their training. Never run before? This one's for you. If you are an experienced runner, who has run several 5K or 10K races before, you might want to consider my Intermediate, or even Advanced, 5K programs before clicking the Purchase button. When you do, you will receive daily email messages telling you what to run along with tips on training. For more information and details, visit my website: halhigdon.com.
This program works best if you have a goal 5K in 8 weeks. Set that race as your end date and use it as a focus of your training. Even if you do not have a goal 5K at the end of 8 weeks, Hal Higdon's 5K Novice program is a great way to begin your life as a runner.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x3
|1:05 hrs||0:40 hrs|
|0:15 hrs||0:15 hrs|
|0:32 hrs||1:00 hrs|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||1:05 hrs||0:40 hrs|
||0:15 hrs||0:15 hrs|
||0:32 hrs||1:00 hrs|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?