5K with run specific Strength (Beginner)
Claudia McCoyAll plans by this Coach
This 5k Training plan is perfect for beginners or people who would like to get back to running after a longer break. It includes detailed run specific strength training workouts and stretching exercises which will help to prevent injuries as well as boost your run performance and overall strength.
We will start off with a run / walk ratio and progress to a complete run. You will feel confident and strong running your 5k after these 8 weeks of training.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?