Paul GardnerAll plans by this Coach
Includes Strength and Conditioning, Plyo, Warm ups and Cool downs
Distance | Event: 5k
Suitable for: Novice | Beginner
Suitable for an unconditioned athlete new to the sport or discipline, or someone returning after a long layoff from regular activity, perhaps injury or child birth. You may be doing something important to you or an event for a charity. You get a progressive programme based on your chosen way of measuring effort that’s clear, easy to follow and starts with testing and manageable sessions that grow more challenging as you improve. We recommend that you book a target event or race to provide motivation and announce your intentions on social media, so you get support from your friends and family
What you get:
• Video introduction and Welcome
• Initial Heart Rate benchmark run that you can use as a benchmark and retest runs
• One-minute videos on Training Peaks' set up and use, plus how-to PDF
• Free Run Technique Video Library on YouTube
• ALL sessions based on YOUR fitness as measured by your heart rate effort
• Inbuilt ‘progression’ challenge, sessions get more challenging the fitter you get
• Full illustrated guides on all strength and conditioning sessions
• A plan based on your chosen way of measuring your effort and improvement
• A programme based not on hours, or distance but on fitness progression for your chosen event
• An invitation to the closed group Racestronger Facebook pages where you can share experiences, ask questions and find out more relating to your training
It's a 16 week programme, comprising initially 3 runs a week, starting with around 15 - 20 min runs and gradually increasing. The runs are easy to understand, and require a heart rate monitor and chest strap, or a watch that measures HR at the wrist, like a Garmin Fitbit for example. The weekly sessions are a mix of short hills, steady runs and some faster work on a flat bit of road, grass or track, your call. The intensity is all relative to your endurance fitness, seldom will you need to run flat out.
Longest run will be about 30 minutes to 50 minutes depending upon your ability. Three run sessions a week building to 4 [optional] plus as many conditioning and or general fitness sessions you'd like to do. All for less than $5 a week. If you are targeting a key 5k race, or charity event or a Park Run then this plan includes a taper week before that race to ensure you arrive fresh and raring to go!
All our plans offer proven results, and have been used by elites to novice level athletes in multi- discipline to single sport to achieve personal bests and outstanding performances. Race proven by the Lovetri |Swimwerkx team and hundreds of athletes worldwide. The library features full multi-discipline programmes and ‘boost’ programmes, allowing you to focus on your favourite sport or the one you want to improve the most. You’ll find a programme to suit at www.racestronger.com that allows you to mix metric train, with power and heart rate, or train using your preferred effort measurement method. Why not buy a plan and take advantage of our tailoring offer, meaning we can swap around for a small fee the types of sessions
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?