Paul GardnerAll plans by this Coach
Sport: Run Includes Strength and Conditioning, Plyo, Warm ups and Cool downs
Distance | Event: 5-10K
Suitable for: Intermediate using effort [no run or heart rate devices]
Suitable for an athlete coming off a period of regular running, or the racstronger new runner 5k programme and who wants to continue improving based on 'feel' Your goal may be a personal best, getting generally faster over 5K or stepping up to a longer 10k race and you want to do this in a smart way that maximises your resistance to injury and avoids overtraining. You get a progressive programme based on effort or feel, clearly explained to you, it's easy to follow and starts with testing and manageable sessions that grow more challenging as you improve.
What you get:
• Video introduction and Welcome
• Full test protocols for benchmarking and improvement, plus retesting sessions
• One-minute videos on Training Peaks set up and use, plus how-to PDF
• Full access to London Run School technique training library on YouTube
• Background run activation and secrets of the Brownlee run protocols
• Full PDF photo technique how-to guides on Plyo, conditioning, stretches and warm ups
• ALL sessions based on YOUR fitness
• Inbuilt ‘progression’ challenge, sessions get more challenging the fitter you get
• Full illustrated guides on all strength and conditioning sessions
• A plan based on your chosen way of measuring your effort and improvement
• A programme based not on hours, but on fitness progression for your chosen event
• An invitation to the closed group Racestronger Facebook pages where you can share experiences, ask questions and find out more relating to your training
This run programme is guaranteed to get you fitter and faster and gets you used to an easy way of running less, but with structure, to improve all around ability. The programme includes some manageable but challenging hill sessions and weekend longer distance runs that constantly challenge the energy systems. If you are looking for a plan to bring you PBs or to get you up to speed for a race then this is it.
Plan includes around 3-4 quality run sessions a week, with one being optional - longest run depending on fitness will be around 12K. Time is around 3-5 hours per week so can be used in conjunction with your own other activities club or personal. This assumes that any commute running or fun running is done very easy and over relatively short distances; running junk miles or sessions without a specific goal in mind will just slow your progress Complete this and you will be the fastest and fittest you've been in a long while, maybe forever thus far!
Do the work, no more no less, and we're pretty sure you'll be setting your best ever run times at the end. You'll need to be committed to getting better but many have completed the programme with great results. Once you're over the first 2/3 weeks you'll go from strength to strength!
All our plans offer proven results, and have been used by elites to novice level athletes in multi- discipline to single sport to achieve personal bests and outstanding performances. Race proven by the Lovetri |Swimwerkx team and hundreds of athletes worldwide.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?