12 week 5K - Beginner Run/Walk Plan, with Core and Hip Stability and Strength Program
Michele Pettinger, RRCA Level II Certified Running Coach and Head Coach at P3|RunningAll plans by this Coach
The goal of this 12-week program is to have the athlete running comfortably for 30 minutes straight by the end of the 12 weeks and ready to take on the 5K distance.
The athlete should be able to comfortably walk for 40 minutes when starting this program. There are 3 run/walk days a week with the option of a 4th "Walking Only" day. Midweek runs max out at 50 minutes; while Weekend runs max out at 1 hour.
This plan also comes with a Core and Hip Stability and Strength program with instructions on how it can be executed and prompts the athlete to advance to Level 2 in Week 6.
Also included is a Stretching document that gives instruction on Dynamic Stretches to be done before a run, and Static Stretches to be done after a run when the muscles are warmed up.
Coach Michele also offers one, 15-minute complementary phone call to answer questions.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x4
|2:16 hrs||1:00 hrs|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||2:16 hrs||1:00 hrs|
Training Load By Week
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?