RUN BOOST HR 5-10K | INTERMEDIATE 12 WEEKS
Paul GardnerAll plans by this Coach
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Sport: Run Includes Strength and Conditioning, Plyo, Warm ups and Cool downs
Distance | Event: 5K [+]
Suitable for: Intermediate | Masters
Suitable for an athlete conditioned or regularly training in this sport, or fit enough from other sports to require a challenging programme of improvement in their chosen discipline. Your goal may be a personal best, finishing high up in a banner event or representing your club regularly. You may also be stepping up from Park Run or 5k racing or training and want to do this in a smart way that maximises your resistance to injury and avoids overtraining. You get a progressive programme based on your chosen way of measuring effort that’s clear, easy to follow and starts with testing and manageable sessions that grow more challenging as you improve.
What you get:
• Video introduction and Welcome
• Full test protocols for benchmarking and improvement, plus retesting sessions
• One-minute videos on Training Peaks set up and use, plus how-to PDF
• Information on all links to connect your training device and Training Peaks
• Full access to London Run School technique training library on YouTube
• Background run activation and secrets of the Brownlee run protocols
• Full PDF photo technique how-to guides on Plyo, conditioning, stretches and warm ups
• ALL sessions based on YOUR fitness, pace, heart rate or power metrics
• Inbuilt ‘progression’ challenge, sessions get more challenging the fitter you get
• Full illustrated guides on all strength and conditioning sessions
• A plan based on your chosen way of measuring your effort and improvement
• A programme based not on hours, but on fitness progression for your chosen event
• An invitation to the closed group Racestronger Facebook pages where you can share experiences, ask questions and find out more relating to your training
A guaranteed 'get faster' programme comprising UK National Performance Centre speed work as used by the squad there, including a couple of very well known athletes, challenging hill sessions and weekend longer but manageable distance runs that constantly challenge the energy systems. If you are looking for a plan to bring you PBs or to get you up to speed for a race then this is it.
Plan includes around 3-4 quality run sessions a week, with one being optional - longest run depending on fitness will be around 10K. Time is around 3-5 hours per week so can be used in conjunction with your own other activities club or personal. This assumes that any commute running or fun running is done very easy and over relatively short distances
Do the work, no more no less, and we're pretty sure you'll be setting your best ever run times at the end. You'll need to be committed to getting better but many have completed the programme with great results. Once you're over the first 2/3 weeks you'll go from strength to strength!
This is a run programme suitable for regular runners, running anything between 5 and 10k in a session. It comprises a range of tests, for speedwork and to set up your threshold HR, from which all your customised training zones are derived. You will need a heart rate monitor or device, and an account for your fitness tracker that will connect with Training Peaks so you can see your progress
It contains between 3-4 key sessions a week, including one optional, and is meant to replace completely your regular run programme; running junk miles or sessions without a specific goal in mind will just slow your progress Complete this and you will be the fastest and fittest you've been in a long while, maybe forever thus far!
All our plans offer proven results, and have been used by elites to novice level athletes in multi- discipline to single sport to achieve personal bests and outstanding performances. Race proven by the Lovetri |Swimwerkx team and hundreds of athletes worldwide. The library features full multi-discipline programmes and ‘boost’ programmes, allowing you to focus on yo
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|3:00 hrs||1:11 hrs|
|0:31 hrs||0:45 hrs|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||3:00 hrs||1:11 hrs|
||0:31 hrs||0:45 hrs|