8 Weeks Start To Run Plan - 1 / 5k
Remko MeeusenAll plans by this Coach
This 8 week Start To Run Plan is designed for people who want to start running.
The plan is best suited for beginners and uses a combination of walking and running, combined with weekly tips to stay motivated and get a grip on running.
This training plan can be executed outdoor or indoor (treadmill).
This is a great plan for someone who wants to start running, and get in shape. But can also be used by cyclist who want to have a good 8 weeks run build-up during their winter period; without the risk of getting injuries.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x4
|1:49 hrs||1:00 hrs|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||1:49 hrs||1:00 hrs|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?