12-Week 5K PR Training Plan (Set A New PR)
This plan is designed for an intermediate to advanced-level runner and someone with a few 5Ks under his/her belt, who is now looking to chase a PR! I have used it with great success. It contains a mixture of both distance and timed runs, and a great variety of workouts. The emphasis of this plan is quality of workouts over quantity of miles, or in other words, intensity over training volume.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x2
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.