Beginning to Run Plan
David JessupAll plans by this Coach
This is the perfect program for the new athlete who wants to begin to run but doesn't want to get hurt. Workouts are 3 times a week and time based so you don't need to go to a track or buy a fancy GPS watch. This 16 week program starts with running 1 minute at a time and finishes 4 months later with running 40 minutes straight. After this program, you could complete a 5K, or use your new found base to prepare to run faster. Have fun!!
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|0:19 hrs||0:05 hrs|
|1:57 hrs||0:49 hrs|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||0:19 hrs||0:05 hrs|
||1:57 hrs||0:49 hrs|
Training Load By Week
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?