6 weeks to your 5k!
Bob SeeboharAll plans by this Coach
This is a 6 week running program for the beginner/intermediate runner in preparation to run a strong 5k at the end of the 6 weeks. The individual should be running at least 2 times per week for at least 1.5-2.5 miles per session.
This plan also includes a 2 day per week functional body weight strength program and cross training recommendations.
Total hours per week will vary based on the fitness level of the individual since the run training prescription is distance based. Most individuals should fall into the 4-8 hours of run, strength, and cross training per week.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?