Jonny MellorAll plans by this Coach
The Challenger 10k training programme is a 12 week plan aimed at those taking part in a 10k event.
10k is a fantastic distance for those just starting out and seasoned marathon runners sharpening up.
The challenger plan is aimed at those who've already taken part in 10k events and are now looking to challenge themselves and improve their personal best.
The plan starts with runs of 30mins in duration and gradually progresses into a weekly structure of easy running, one interval session and a long run.
The programme is devised by Great Britain International 10k runner Jonny Mellor, who has a 10k personal best of sub 28:40 and represented England at the 2014 Commonwealth Games. Jonny is a member of the organising team at Run North West, race organises of the Wilmslow 10k as well as specialising in one to one coaching and group training programmes.
The 2015 British 10,000m Champion draws on his own running knowledge and experience of coaching local athletes within the North West area. Jonny himself is currently guided by former international athlete and professional coach Steve Vernon as part of Team New Balance Manchester.
In purchasing this programme you're also helping to support Jonny on his athletic journey helping to support training and travel costs to enable him to continue competing with and against some of the best athletes in the world.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x3
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Completed workouts sync with popular apps like Garmin and Wahoo. Learn More
- If plan includes Structured Workouts, then planned workouts sync to compatible devices and guide you through workouts in real time. Learn More
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Bundle your plan with TrainingPeaks Premium, and you'll unlock our progress-tracking tools, plus the freedom to move workouts to fit your schedule.