Beginner 10k - 10 week program
Marty GaalAll plans by this Coach
This program is for athletes relatively new to running who have been walking or jogging 1-2 times per week for 1-2 miles at a time. Non-runners who have an athletic background - some aerobic development such as cycling, skiing, swimming - may also use this plan.
The plan averages about 2 hours of running per week, starting on the lower end and moving up to the higher end of the range. Pacing is based on effort/RPE with some HR guidelines. The plan includes basic strength/core options as well as optional cross training days.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x2
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?