10k Run Training Plan (Novice / Intermediate, 12 Weeks, Starts Any Monday, Reusable)
Krista Schultz, MEd, CSCSAll plans by this Coach
When you cross the finish line of a 10k run race, you’ve accomplished something very special!
Especially designed for the novice to intermediate level runner with a full time job and other commitments, the single goal of this 12-week training plan is to set you up for YOUR 10K RACE SUCCESS.
Hand-crafted by USA Triathlon-certified coach and elite endurance athlete Krista Schultz, MEd, CSCS, this plan encapsulates her exercise physiology expertise with more than a decade of experience as as an endurance athlete and coaching hundreds of other athletes to success.
A typical week consists of 4 runs and 2 strength workouts. During the plan, you will build up to a 1hr and 25min long run. Your weekly schedule includes optional time allocation for strength exercises and a designated off day (Monday). We recommend using a heart rate monitor in conjunction with perceived effort, but a heart rate monitor is not required.
Please note: This plan starts any Monday so pick your start day 12 weeks before your target race weekend. This plan assumes your target race is on either a Saturday or Sunday.
Purchase of this plan includes our comprehensive ENDURANCEWORKS Run Training Plan Guide, which explains how to use your training plan, and, as an added bonus, Build and Maintain: Strength Training for Triathletes.
Prior to using this plan, you should be able to run for 30 minutes.
• This plan assumes your target race is either Saturday or Sunday. You can start the plan any Monday or set the plan to end on the Sunday of race weekend.
• This plan can be re-used in the future (change start or end date).
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?