Run from 5=>10km ; 12weeks ; 3 workouts/week (Pace-Based)
Coach KouwenhovenAll plans by this Coach
Sometimes it is hard to keep your Heart Rate in the desired zones: interval is too short to adapt your heart-rate or you just did another discipline (swimming, cycling, skating)
You still wants (or needs) to improve your running speed. Then it is necessary to train on your Threshold Pace.
This plan is for runners with experience, can run 5 kilometers and want to build up to 10km.
You will train 3 times a week with at least one day rest in between for a period of 12 weeks. At the end of the week you will run 10km on an endurance pace.
The plan is based on your Threshold Pace, so make sure you know this value and it is in your TrainingPeaks settings
You can set your Target pace in the settings so you can adapt to run at that speed. Don't forget to uncheck "Automatically apply new threshold changes"
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?