Joshua DuffAll plans by this Coach
This First 10K plan is a 12 week program that is designed for those working towards finishing their first 10k run. It is ideal for people who have been running for a little while and may have completed at least one 5k run.
The program includes easy aerobic running with some walking and strength and conditioning to build the aerobic conditioning and strength needed to complete the 10k distance. Aerobic endurance runs are included to build your endurance and, towards the end of the program, we also begin to integrate faster running to have your strong, fit and primed for race day.
Most weeks include 4 or 5 sessions with a structured program of foundation, build and recovery weeks before a short taper in to race day.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Completed workouts sync with popular apps like Garmin and Wahoo. Learn More
- If plan includes Structured Workouts, then planned workouts sync to compatible devices and guide you through workouts in real time. Learn More
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?
Bundle your plan with TrainingPeaks Premium, and you'll unlock our progress-tracking tools, plus the freedom to move workouts to fit your schedule.