10k - Beginner 12-Week Training Plan
True Potential RunningAll plans by this Coach
This plan is perfect for a beginner looking to tackle their first 10k or to train for a 10k safely while building strength and endurance. This plan will take you through twelve weeks, starting with short runs with walk breaks and incorporates runner specific strength training.
Race Goal: Complete a 10k
Longest Training Run: 6 miles
Experience Level: Beginner
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x4
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?