10k for First Timers/Finishers; 10 weeks, Low to Moderate Intensity
Welcome to the Runners Without Limits 10k plan for First-timers and Finishers. This plan is for anyone who either is running their first 10k, or who HAS run a 10k before and is looking to finish comfortably this time around. Time goals are not required, just a desire to get the miles in so you can cross the finish line with a smile.
At the start of this plan, you should be able to run or run/walk for 3-4 miles.
It is recommended that you have completed a 5k previously, and that you have been running consistently (3 days a week) for the last few months.
Tracking Device: ie Garmin, Polar, Suunto, etc. that can track miles, time, and heart rate.
Foam Roller or other recovery device.
Resistance Bands for post-run strength.
What is included:
10 weeks of training leading up to your 10k.
Email Access to Coach Heather for questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Exclusive Videos for participants to include training tips, workout breakdowns, Runner's Strength Sessions, and FAQs.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.