10km ADVANCED Sub 40 minutes 6 days a week (PACE)
Pinnacle MultisportAll plans by this Coach
A 10 week plan to improve your speed work and run a sub 40 minute 10km race
The plan is for runners with a good running experience and is to be used in the run up to your target race and looking to incorporate speed and efficiency to increase power and muscle strength into their workouts and who aim for a sub 40 minute. Running 6 days a week, rest on Friday with weekly volume range from 4 to 6 hours with the long run on a Sunday.
The plan is time based with indicative pacing in easy to understand language
RP = Race Pace, 4:00 min/km
WU/CD = War up/Cool down, 5:10 - 5:35 min/km
R = Recovery run, 5:10 - 5:35 min/km
E = Endurance Run, 4:30 - 5:10 min/km
LR = Long Run, 4:30 - 5:20 min/km
HR = Hill Repeats, 3:55 - 4:05 min/km
TR = Tempo Run, 4:00 -4:10 min/km
SS = Steady State Run, 4:10 - 4:20 min/km
INT = Speed Intervals: 3:25 - 3:55 min/km
The plan is to start on a Monday, with long run on the Sunday.
After the 10 weeks you will have a good overall increased fitness and speed to race your next 10km.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?