This 10-week running plan is for relative beginners or those looking to get back into shape and is intended to get you ready to complete a 10k event. It assumes that you can complete a 2mi run before beginning.
With strength and running technique lessons this training plan will help you run faster and more efficient by strengthening critical muscle groups, improving neuromuscular coordination, and teaching you tips and techniques for efficient running.
This plan includes periodic testing and options for heart rate and speed/pace based workouts.
Recommended (but not required) equipment: swiss ball, resistance band, foam roller (highly recommended).
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x2
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- Heart Rate Monitor
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.
Bundle your plan with TrainingPeaks Premium, and you'll unlock our progress-tracking tools, plus the freedom to move workouts to fit your schedule.