10 Week Intermediate 10k program with 1 speed work day
Sara CrawfordAll plans by this Coach
Great plan for intermediate who's body can't tolerate or aren't ready for more than one day of speedwork per week. Week 8 culminates in a 5k, Week 10 culminates in a 10k.
4 days of running (including 1 day of speed work and 1 long run day) + 2 days of cross training. Fridays as off days for maximum flexibility (aka work gets in the way earlier in the week, shift the recovery day to that day and train on Friday).
Can use heart rate or rate of perceived exertion (RPE) for intensity zones. Notes on heart rate testing and RPE definitions are included on the first day of the plan.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Day Off x1
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
Training Load By Week
This plan works best with the following fitness devices:
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.Still have questions about this plan?