2020 NYC Marathon Virtual Winner Kev Quinn - Beginners 5k Plan | Intro to Intervals & Structure
This 4 week beginners 5km programme is designed for those looking to complete a 5km continuous run or for those wanting to move their 5km personal best time to the next level.
This programme will introduce athletes to some key specific 5km sessions, add some structure into their programme and motivate them fully over a 4 week period, with a virtual 1 mile and 5km time trial along the way.
Designed by 2.22 marathoner, 2020 New York Virtual Marathon winner and head coach at Team Real Runners Kevin Quinn, we hope you enjoy your 4 week run journey with us.
- I have received invaluable advice and support from Kevin for over a decade. His knowledge and ability is outstanding but what really sets him apart is his integrity and ability to inspire runners at every level, even though he is at the very top of his game himself, he always encourages and sets realistic targets at whatever level.
* You should be able to run 15 mins continuously before starting this programme. At all times listen to your body and only attempt what you feel physically capable off.
How it Works
Training Plan Sample Week
Average Weekly Breakdown
|Workouts||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
|1:25 hrs||0:42 hrs|
Day Off x3
|1:30 hrs||0:45 hrs|
|Workouts Per Week||Weekly Average||Longest Workout|
||1:25 hrs||0:42 hrs|
||1:30 hrs||0:45 hrs|
Training Load By Week
- This plan includes a Free Basic TrainingPeaks Account.
- Access your training plan anywhere on the TrainingPeaks mobile and desktop apps.
- Track your performance with robust data tracking and detailed graphs.
- Plan for your event in the TrainingPeaks calendar.
- Track your weight, sleep, hours, fatigue and stress while you train.
- Syncs daily with other popular apps like Garmin and MyFitnessPal.
This plan is protected by our Refund Policy and may, with the author's approval, be exchanged for a plan of equal value from the same author.